Game over

• 13 replies
  • 63 subscribers

Hi everyone. After me posting how poorly my hubby was, he unfortunately lost his battle yesterday so I am going to be moving onto the bereaved spouses page to find out how I'm going to live without him. It was a very quick death with the cause being high potassium levels. The doctor said I should see it as a blessing that cancer didn't get chance to ravage him and I'm only left with good memories. He's made sure I'm looked after financially but that is no substitute.  I'll check in from time to time on you all, as melanoma is close to my heart and I'd like to give words of encouragement.  My husband had a rare type but I do believe if it's caught early, there's a full recovery. We were just unlucky xxx

• Oh no Cry  So, so sorry to hear this  Can’t begin to think how you are feeling right now.  Sending love xxx

• I am so sorry to read this

Sending you lots of virtual (((hugs)))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I am so sorry to read this. Huge virtual hugs xxxx

• So sorry. Ism going through the process now and hoping for approval for a new treatment PrayPrayPray

• Keeping everything crossed for you Pray xxx

• Oh Groovychick1607 I'm so sad to hear that your husband has died so quickly sweetheart, what a shock for you.  As for it being a blessing well doctors aren't known for always saying the right thing.   Losing someone you love and care about is not a blessing, it's just painful and hard.

I'm sure you'll be well looked after in the other forum, my wise words are just be kind, patient and understanding with yourself.  There's no right or wrong way to be, no time to get over it by.  

Shock will get you through the practical things that need to be done right now hon so just go with the flow.  You are in my thoughts, huge hugs to you for whenever you need them.  You know where we all  are if you need to connect. HeartHearts️️

• Thank-you for your kind words. As someone has told me, unfortunately,  there is no way round grief, only through it. I'm just pissed off it's me that has to do it . We could be had a good 20 more years, minimum.  I really do feel robbed. Sorry for the rant but I feel angry xxx

• Hi you've every right to feel angry and pissed off, I would too.  That you're left alone to carry on, that he left you, that the medical system wasn't fast enough...

Forget about those 5 stages of grief in their neat order as really they all overlap, come at once, hit you out of the blue when you least expect it.  Just try to eat and drink enough to survive each day, distract yourself if you want to, you cannot be in acute pain every single moment of every day for ever so if you want to smile at a gorgeous flower do it, if something makes you laugh that's ok too.

As for any formal complaints- take your time with those, to make an impact you need a clear head I think for doing that stuff.  I've not yet started mine!  Don't forget there is a Rant Room forum you can visit as well as here.  Forgive yourself any emotion you feel too please- you've a right to any you want. Sending you lots of hugs xxx

• Morning. I'm having good days and bad days. Not been too bad recently but I'm still knee deep in sorting everything  into a box for 1 . Yesterday, it felt like I was wiping him away as everything is going into my name. I tried looking at some photos last night, they just had me crying. I'm not doing that for a bit now. The photos will still be there when I'm ready. Thinking of contacting the gp today as I cannot for the life of me get more than 4 hours sleep . Its draining me. When Matt was here, each night and morning was taken up thinking about cancer and now its the loss and the empty feeling I get. I'm not sure which was worse! Xxx