Aviva Critical illness policy for Melanoma

• 12 replies
  • 59 subscribers

Hi all,

I was recently diagnosed with superficial spreading MM stage 1a 0.7mm with a mitotic rate of 1. I have been reassured that it is a fairly positive diagnosis and I am waiting on the results of my WLE. I am hoping that this comes back clear and I can relax a little more.

I was told to check on my critical illness policy to see if I am eligible to claim. I have coverage with Aviva who has taken over my original policy with Bupa since 2012. They seem to think I am covered and have processed my claim. They state that MM is covered providing it is classed as invasive and not in situ which I understand mine is.

Has anyone previously dealt with any successful claims with Aviva/Bupa? My health is the overwhelming priority in all of this but any kind of payout to enable me to secure our home for my wife and daughter if anything further was to appear would be massively reassuring.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Lewis

• Hi there just reading through these comments . I was diagnosed pt1a ( breslow thickness 0.6.mm)  Clark level 3  and classed as invasive . Zurich haven't give me any idea if I'm covered yet . Just curious how your claim went? 

• Hi, our policy paid out in full (the entire amount) which was substantial.  We also had a Zurich policy so yours will also be covered and pay in full.  Our policy was then ended and you cant get critical illness or life insurance for the affected person for 5 years I think