Constipation

• 1 reply
  • 57 subscribers

Hi I recently was in hospital for sickness and constipation , while I was there having various test, I was told my melanoma has spread to my small intestine, neck and various other places and the immunotherapy treatment had stopped working so I was given the unfortunate news that my cancer was terminally and given months, I’m not under palliative care yet.

im still having problems with my bowel, I use suppository, I’ve had enemas, I still feel not quite empty,  my stomach still makes this terrible gurgling sound every time I eat and I get spasm, I have medication for the spasms which helps a little, it’s the stomach gurgling that’s getting me down, doctor suggested a low fibre diet which I stated on the 18th May, has anyone had something similar and how did cope with it? I’m even looking into colonic irrigation to see if this will help

• Hi 

I'm sorry to read about the progress of your melanoma and that you're suffering with bowel problems. I can see that you've joined the bowel cancer group and that might be a great place to ask for advice.

You have also had a reply to the post you put in the ask a nurse section of the online community and, if you haven't seen it yet, clicking here will take you straight there.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"