Can we talk armpits?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 9 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hi everyone,

Has anybody been given any advice regarding armpits after SNLB in terms of personal hygiene? Removing the armpit hair for those that don't wish to be as nature intended and antiperspirant use. 

It has been four weeks since my SNLB and things are heating nicely, but ..... I am conscious this armpit is a sweaty one ScreamScreamso any advice would be appreciated.

Allotment lover...all my good wishes and vibes for tomorrow, hope it goes well.

Anne

• Hi

My SLNB was in my armpit too. I wasn't given any advice on personal hygiene, other than to avoid getting it wet while healing, but basically avoided removing hair or wearing deodorant in that area until it was completely healed. I then very gently shaved the area and avoided putting deodorant directly on to my scar. As I use a stick deodorant the latter was easily done.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thanks Latchbrook I use a stick too so that should be fine, not healed enough for shaving but good to know.

Xx

• Ah armpits, bane of my operations!

I wasn't given any info regarding armpits but I just washed above the dressing and used my dove deodorant above the dressing.  Once the dressing was off for good I shaved gently around it.   Annoyingly I'm still having hair issue there as the incision is at the lower end of my armpit. It's all healed since July last year but I have 2 or 3 bits which look like ingrown hairs, aarrgghh. I'll get them out eventually by hook or by crook! 

Many thanks Anne1536 for your good wishes for tomorrow, I'm not looking forward to it.  Probably be crying time for my lovely reflexologist Jane. My crying that is not hers.

Dad dropped dead on his market stall at packing up time, opera on his radio.  We all used to joke with him that it would be his favourite way to die ironically.  He was 81, had no heart issues but did smoke the occasional cigarillo. He would have been a terrible patient or client in a care home so we were glad for him.  We just didn't think about the shock for us!  Same year at end of March my daughter's dad died too. What a year. 2018.  

ScooterDancer

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Alottment lover

For your dad when it was his time to go what an ending! Opera on his radio, day of serving his customers and a bit of banter, hopefully a good days takings, thinking about that and packing up then gone....no dependence on others, no illness that caused him incapacity and busy to the end, none of the frustrations that would have come with illness.For you and your family a different scenario of shock and no time to at least try to prepare, so unexpected as if he was still on his stall you probably expected him to live for many more years. Then the double whammy of losing your daughter's dad, memories of different days and happier times...A lot for you both. 

I lost my beloved mother in 2020 then nine weeks later her sister my aunt died too. Enough of that though as tomorrow is about you and your dad XXX

My incision too is at the lower end of my armpit...I shall figure it out as my husband won't want to be downwind of me in the Summer otherwise.

Jane will be doing her stuff breaking up any crystal deposits...I used to have it to help migraine. Amazing how crystal deposits in your toes can affect head pain!!

All the very best xxxx loving AL about to scoot! Panda face

• Hi Anne

i had my op to remove lymph nodes from both armpits in October and was told not to do anything until completely healed. After that I was told to use hair remover cream as you want to avoid cutting yourself with a razor for fear of infection. I always used antiperspirant before the op but since then I haven’t used any! I told the doctor I do not sweat there since the op and he said that was quite common but would likely come back. I expect it will change in time for summer! I also read somewhere the cream should also be used for legs for the same reason - cutting yourself and getting an infection and have found how easy it is to use. You have to be so careful. 
    Good luck.

DaisyRed

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to DaisyRed

Hi DaisyRed,

Many thanks for your reply and helpful info. I will wait a while yet then have a go with the cream.

Anne

• FormerMember

How did it go today? Did Jane and the reflexology help?

Panda facexxx

• Hi Panda face, I've just pmd you. No Jane sadly xx. Back to armpits- I got a natural deodorant from my daughter for Christmas so no chemicals used now.  I just smell of patchouli!

ScooterDancer

• FormerMember

Hi ScooterDancer

I have replied but it took a couple of attempts lol! Patchouli... lovely will look out for some.

Panda face

Panda face