Side effects of nivolumab

• 2 replies
  • 56 subscribers

Hi I have come to this group from the bowel cancer forum as my husband is on nivolumab immunotherapy for bowel cancer and I have been told to come here to ask about the side effects of it as I'm aware immunotherapy is further ahead for melanoma than bowel cancer. So my husband has had 4 cycles of nivolumab and every time he sufferes quite badly with leg twitching it keeps him awake I am just wondering if anyone else has this and is there anything he can do to help it?

• Hi I have been on Nivolumab for over 2 years and haven’t had leg twitches. I have had slight joint pain at the start of my treatment and a slight rash . I now am only tired after the infusion. However I do suffer from insomnia and have tried most things without much success. My consultant said it wasn’t a side effect of the treatment and to consult doctor. He recommended low dose sleeping tablets. I haven’t taken many as just having them seems to give me reassurance. I suggest your husband talks to his support team and asks for advise. I wish him well .

Lgrgdg90
  • Thank you for replying my husband has been given phenegan sleeping tablets by the gp but they do nothing for him we are seeing the oncologist on Wednesday.