Paranoid about everything!

• 8 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hello 

I am newly diagnosed with 1b melanoma with a WLE and SLNB booked for Friday. 
Ive been very aware of my body since the diagnosis and am super paranoid about every other mole and am checking my lymph nodes very regularly. 
Today I have pain in my groin on both sides and it’s just makes me worry! 
When does the mole mapping start? I’m hoping someone may have had some experience of this. 
xx

• Hi

It's perfectly natural to be very aware of your body and to worry about every slight change you notice. Your body has let you down in a very big way and it will take time to become less aware again.

When you say that you are 

checking my lymph nodes very regularly.

I'm wondering how often you're doing this because you can inflame them if you keep prodding them and this might cause pain. I was advised to only check them at the same time as I was doing my monthly skin check. However, if you are at all worried about the pain in your groin give your SCNS a call this afternoon to talk things through with her.

I can't answer your question about 

When does the mole mapping start?

as this isn't something either of the hospitals I've been under since my diagnosis 5 years ago do. However, I did have 3 monthly check-ups with my consultant for the first three years and now I'm coming to the end of two years of 6 monthly check-ups. 

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

All the best for Friday

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Latchbrook thank you so much for your reply. I’ve updated the profile. 
    Im so glad to have found this group. 

• You're welcome and I'm glad that you're finding support in this group.

Just as a matter of curiosity is mole mapping something that you've been told you'll be having?

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Yes, it was mentioned at my results appointment. I’ll check with my nurse and let you know. 

• Hi Zo m. I too am newly diagnosed with 1b melanoma and had my WLE and SLB 12 days ago. My WLE was on my upper back and SLNB was from my arm pit. Recovery has been painful but not as bad as I expected. 
    I’m also super paranoid about everything & have today requested for another mole to be checked out. It’s only natural we are going to worry as we’ve had a massive shock. 
    Good luck for Friday and take all the time you possibly can to recover, not just physically it’ll take some time to get your head around it all Heart

• Thank you for your reply Calsmam. It’s such a worry isn’t it. I’m super active and really worried about the recovery, how long I won’t be able to drive for etc. My nurse has said results in my area take about 2 weeks. 
    fingers crossed for a positive outcome for you. 

• Yes it’s an awful worry & im starting to go stir crazy being at home for 2 weeks as I’m usually very busy. I was told not to drive for 4 weeks I’ll be demented by then!!

• Hi

I was looking back through the posts and came across yours. How are you now and have you had the results from your WLE and SLNB yet?

x

Community Champion Badge