Pain in groin 1 month after SLNB

• 2 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hello there,

This is my first post since I have been diagnosed with melanoma in March 2021.

I had WLE and SLNB done on 22nd July. I had my results (no melanoma found in lymph nodesPray!!) and check up on 24th August. 

I wanted to moisturise my scar in the groin tonight before bed as usually (I massage and moisturise the area twice a day) and it was very painful when I touched it. I took a closer look and I could see a small ‘lump’ next to my scar, it looked dark blue. It was definitely smaller than a pea. 

Is it something to worry about? As I said, I had my check up on 24/8/21 and it was all good, they checked my lymph nodes etc and nothing out of the ordinary.

if the pain doesn’t go away from my groin, who should I contact? 
My dermatologist, clinical nurse, GP or the plastic surgeon?

thank you all for you help Blush 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

That's excellent news that no further evidence of melanoma was found in your recent WLE and SLNB.

It's always worrying when you find something and my dermatologist always reminds me at check-ups to get in touch with my clinical nurse (SCNS) if I find anything that concerns me in between check-ups. I have had to do this a couple of times and was given an appointment a few days later with the consultant.

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi, little blue lumps could well be bits of stitching trying to escape.  Some stitching is dissolvable but for some people their body won't do it.

I've had bits of the surgeons sewing handiwork working their way out and yes it's usually blue thread!

Ask your local nurse practitioner/GP to check.

Congrats on having clear lymph nodes x