lymph nodes

• 4 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Daughter had check up with Macmillan nurse today. First time in 15 months but that’s another story. Lymph nodes are swollen in armpit and groin. I’m now terrified again

• Hi

I'm sorry to hear that your daughter's lymph nodes are swollen in her armpit and groin and it's natural that you would be worried about what this could mean.

I had a peek at your profile to see what treatment your daughter has had but your haven't completed it yet. Has your daughter been diagnosed with melanoma or is this the first contact she's had with a skin cancer nurse?

Lymph nodes do go up and down as they deal with infection so try not to worry too much. Has she been referred for any further tests?

It would be great if you could pop something about your daughter's journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• yes sorry. She had a mole removed on her face in August 2019. It was melanoma 1.25 mm deep. Hadn’t gone to nearest lymph node.  Because of various reasons mainly administrative errors and COVID she hadn’t seen the nurse for 15 months. Saw her at last and said lymph nodes are swollen. She’s being fast tracked again. Does this nightmare ever end.  She’s going to have scans etc which is making me panic more thinking it must be something bad 

• I'm having my first face-to-face appointment in 15 months next week. Normally I'm seen every 3 months but because of Covid the appointments have all been by telephone. Whilst I understand that they're trying to keep me safe I'm glad that I'll be having a professional check me over.

Had your daughter noticed that her lymph nodes were swollen? I know it's something that I'm always concerned about when I do my self checks in case I don't notice but my consultant has said that if they were swollen it would be very noticeable.

Does she have a date for her scan? What other tests is she having done as you said "scans, etc"?

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you might also like to join the family and friends group which is a safe place to discuss your worries with others who have someone living with cancer.

If this is something that you'd like to do just click on the link I've created and then choose 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'. 

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thanks for replying. No. Not noticed a thing. She’s been checking herself for everything with her partner.    Yep supposed to be every 3 month but of course it’s not happened like for everyone. Ct scan and mri.  

I’ll go on the link you recommend as I just feel I’m going crazy again with worry. Trying to convince myself it could be anything but I’m not convincing myself.