Life Insurance

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 56 subscribers

Hi, I'm stage 3b but coming up to 3 clear years and I wondered if anyone could recommend any life insurance companies that would be willing to accept me?

When I inquired not long after my diagnosis I was advised to wait for 3 clear years before any insurance could be considered however I've recently contacted a couple of companies and they've told me they require at least 4 clear years.

• Hi

Firstly, congratulations on being three years clear!

I don't have life insurance, nor tried to get any after my melanoma diagnosis, so don't have any first hand experience I'm afraid.

Unfortunately goal posts move and it may be that now life insurance companies require you to be cancer free for longer than they originally said. Having said that, they won't necessarily all have the same rules. For example, some travel insurance companies don't increase my premium at all whereas others load it dramatically. I think it all depends on how much they want your business!

If you type 'life insurance' into the search bar at the top of the page you'll find this topic in lots of previous posts. You could have a read through some of the more recent ones to see if anyone mentions any life insurance company in particular.

It's also a question that frequently gets posted in the ask a financial guide section of the community. This link will take you to a recent reply to someone who was looking for life insurance.

It would be really useful if you could come back and let us know how you get on so that others following behind will have an idea of how easy or not it was for you to get life insurance.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"