Lump under WLE scar

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 8 replies
  • 56 subscribers

So I’ve been for my check up today following surgery and I mentioned to the surgeon about a lump under my scar. It’s only a small lump and can’t be seen but can be felt. It can be pushed form one side of the scar to the other. The surgeon does not think it’s melanoma but said he can’t say for definite what it is so is sending me for a scan. Has anyone else had experience of this? Just a bit worried now after having a clear WLE and SLNB 

• Hi

I'm sorry to hear about this latest development. I can understand why you'd be feeling worried.

I didn't have this happen but I didn't want you to think that nobody had read your post. By replying to you it will bump it back to the top of the page where it'll be more easily seen.

Do you have a date yet for your scan?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thanks for the reply.

No date yet so it’s just a waiting game. However, I noticed another area further down the scar which is similar. It’s not a lump but just a raised bit which again can be pushed. I am thinking it’s fluid (I am hoping it is too)

• I'll be keeping everything crossed that that's all it is too Jo.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi , that’s good that the surgeon is sending you for a scan. I haven’t had anything similar, I hope you haven’t too long to wait.

Take care KT

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to KTatHome

Thanks both

• Hi

I was wondering if you'd had your scan, or at least the date through yet?

Take care

x

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi there,

I had my scan. They believe it was a lump from the stitch but they did a FNA so I’m awaiting the results but Dr doesn’t think there is anything to worry about.

Thanks 

• Oh, that does sound like good news Slight smile

x

Community Champion Badge