Critical Illness Cover

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 20 replies
  • 59 subscribers

Hi all

I was unfortunately diagnosed in January 2018 with a stage2b ulcerated nodular melanoma Breslow thickness 2.8mm. I have fortunately just had my results this week from my SLNB and WLE which were both clear (hooray) I am 45yrs old with a lovely husband and two amazing children aged 15 and 11years old. This has been the most terrifying time of my life but fortunately I have had the best care at the RVI Newcastle and fabulous emotional support from my friends and family. To put a silver lining on this cloud I was wondering whether I would qualify for a critical illness payment with this diagnosis? I have a policy through Legal & General and the criteria says Malignant Melanoma not covered unless it is histologically proven to have penetrated the epidermis, which I’m quite sure mine did. Could anyone help on here? I’m new to this form so would welcome any advice during this scary time as this payment could alleviate an awful lot of further worry for us as a family. Thank you.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Congrats for clear slnb chrissy. Mine was nodular ulcerated worst kind so know how you feel.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you Katsil!!! How far down the line are you now?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

2 half years also got uterine cancer stage 3 diagosed few months after. Was devastated but well at mo.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Chrissy

Glad to read your results are clear.

Im 99.9% you are covered, I had Malignant Melanoma stage 1a and my Insurance provider ( Aviva) have just [paid out in full.

I hope this helps.

x

• Hi Chrissy, I’d like to echo Gems1979, I’d be very surprised if they didn’t pay up promptly as every few months everyone from 1a upwards bets a pay out if they have been luck enough to have that cover.

Enjoy, I’m tempted to say spend wisely as you might not get life insurance again but that’s a total buzz kill ! 

Best wishes

Take care KT

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to KTatHome

Thank you all! What a lovely supportive forum to join! Fingers crossed it will pay out. I will be sure to spend it wisely & let you all know how it goes!

• Hi ChrissyP72

I can't comment on the insurance, but just wanted to say hi and welcome (although that always seems to be an odd thing to say, when I guess we'd all rather we weren't here). I'm so pleased to hear your WLE and SNLB results have come back clear and I hope all continues well for you.

Sarah

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to nancy1

Thank you Sarah! Lovely to have the support xxx

• I know nothing about insurance cover, but I hope you are due a big payout!  Great to read you results are clear too.

Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and find it!

• I know nothing about insurance cover, but I hope you are due a big payout!  Great to read you results are clear too.

Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and find it!