Possible Melanoma

• 0 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Hi all, I am 4 months post bowel cancer surgery - stage 2a, no chemo necessary and was just beginning to get my head round it when I got paranoid about a couple of cherry angiomas on my arm that I've had for many years and they've gradually got bigger and darker - the biggest one is about 5mm. I have others and lots of them many are very small.

The GP sent me to the local hospital where I had to choose just 2 spots for AI dermoscope pictures and the results came through on my app yesterday afternoon.

The bigger one is benign and that the smaller one is "possible melanoma" and I've been referred on the urgent 2 week cancer pathway. Well I'm in such a panic and freaking out big time. I'm already on antidepressants and struggling with my mental health. I can't eat or function, and I feel like this is the second death sentence in one year! 

What I want to know is how accurate this method is? The fact that I've had it for many years and all my organs were clear on the CTs back in April/May is a good thing right?