Awaiting results

• 2 replies
  • 45 subscribers

I had a suspicious mole removed from my back nearly 4 weeks ago,they said they had to remove it to rule out melanoma.In a letter to my GP they state I’m aware of the potential diagnosis.I was told restults would be back 2/3 weeks,I called last Friday and was told the results were only on the system that day and would need to be checked by a Dermatologist then results sent to my Gp,but nothing has been sent yet.Today I got a call from Dermatology with another appointment but different hospital next week,Is this the usual procedure to have results,or is this because Melanoma has been found?This wait is horrendous.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the melanoma forum which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I agree that waiting for results is a really horrible time but you don't have too much longer now.

It's difficult to say whether being called in for your results means you have melanoma as different hospitals have different protocols. When I was diagnosed my appointment was made way ahead of when the results would have been back so I would have been seeing the consultant for both good or bad results. Since covid, many consultants ring their patients with the results, again good or bad, so it's impossible to know what your appointment might mean in respect of whether they've found melanoma or not.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a benign result but, if it's not, there's plenty of us in this group to offer support and share our experiences with you.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi

i’m in a similar position. Had mole removed from lower leg nearly 4 weeks ago. They said results would be 5-6 weeks and got an appointment in the post yesterday for 10th June. I just think they wouldn’t get me in if everything was ok so worried. It really is horrendous waiting