Metastatic melanoma stage 4

• 3 replies
  • 44 subscribers
  • Hello everyone, I have been diagnosed as above with no visible moles being there, also the cancer has spread to I few lymph nodes in my stomach and back area. I am in pain all the time and can hardly get of of bed, I suffer with nausea and weakness in my legs. Has anyone else experienced this 
  • Hello, it sounds like you are having a hard time, I really hope you have support around you. I don’t have the exact same symptoms as you but I do have the same diagnosis. I’ve found this site really helpful and I’ve called my local Maggies centre when I’ve reached low points. My fatigue and back pain is manageable with medication and I consult my GP if it gets worse. I hope you manage to get help with your symptoms xx

• Thank you for your reply Hallavan, I was diagnosed in Jan and it has got to the point that I am almost bedridden are you able to move about and how are you xx

• I have a few days in a row when I can get about but then it’s like my body shuts down and I have to rest. I have a spinal injury, it’s sometimes hard to get over the pain threshold and every day seems like Groundhog day. I can’t function too well in the mornings and feel better in the evenings.

Were you bedridden before your diagnosis?