Groin node removal

• 12 replies
  • 48 subscribers

So hopefully having my op in the next week or so , Develop Ed secondary in my groin lymph nodes, primary under my toe nail 4th right toe of all places, so toe coming off and all nodes in r  groin , anyone had experience of groin lymph nodes removal ..and recovery..

• Hi  

I haven't had the lymph nodes in my groin removed but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list. I'm sure others who have had this surgery will be along soon to share their experiences with you.

Wishing you all the best with your surgery.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi I had 6 lymph nodes removed from right groin and wle form side of foot plus skin graft last year. Groin took about 3 weeks as had infection on 2nd week of recovery.

• Thank you I Hooe xou are doing ok now, I am self employed so wondering about work...wfh so not too bad ..plus I want to get back to golf ASAP 

• Hi Delrea, my primary Acral Melanoma was on the bottom of my foot and I had WLE and sentinel lymph node biopsy 6 weeks ago. No idea how many nodes were removed for testing as I haven’t had my follow up with the surgeon yet but I do know results thankfully were clear. I’m getting about but still struggle to get my foot flat on the floor as the WLE went into my heel. For the first 2 weeks I needed to rest a lot and keep my foot elevated, still having to elevate now or it does swell up. Hopefully Lillibeth will see your post as her toe is also affected and she may be able to give you more information than I can. 

Wishing you all the best with your surgery 

• Thank you .

Glad to hear you are recovering, so I know I have a secondary in my lymph nodes hope it's just one..nothing is fast ..hoping to get my toe off..my lump out and match on

• Hi Delrea

You are on a very similar journey to me (see my profile). I have never heard of anyone else having a melanoma under their 4th toe nail. I had no trouble at all after the amputation and was left with a tiny stump. If you want to know any more feel free to PM me. Hope you get on ok. x

• Sorry to read your recent journey. Getting listened to was the big problem, an noel the wait

• Hi Delrea, i had my lymph nodes in my groin removed in 2021, it wasnt really painful, the drain was a nuisance, i had to change it myself when i went home after 5 days, and i injected myself with blood thinners no problems, i was unfortunate got an infection and had another drain in ,but i. Sure youve had your op by now and all is well 

Betful
  • So in next Tuesday, hoping to have a short stay , I am a nursexand my wife is a head, heresxhoping anyway, supposed to ho home with thexdrain..suppose it is what it is..just want to get on