Severe itching

• 3 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hi, my Dad has just completed his 4 doses of ipi/nivo and has had his first dose of the single nivo. He is suffering from severe itching amd has been given various creams and tablets but nothing seems to be working. Has anyone had  something that works? He has come out in a lumpy rash. 

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read that your dad is suffering with severe itching which must be extremely unpleasant for him.

I haven't had the treatment that your dad is on but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

Hopefully someone with a similar experience to your dad will pop on to share their experience.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Gal2000

My partner has just had his first dose of nivo after 4 doses of the combined ipi/  nivo.

He had very dry/ red hands and legs. He was prescribed zeroveen an oatmeal emollient cream which has helped him.

Best wishes Margyy

• I had similar problems with itching.  Apart from the steroid creams, one doctor prescribed a minty aqueous cream , Aquaesmoothe, which really worked for me.   My skin has stayed very dry and I use Epimax regularly. You can purchase the latter over the counter.   As ever , the skin team seems best placed to advise but hope this helps.