Dab/Tram

• 4 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Good morning.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

At the moment i am stage 3B, MRI brain scan came back clear, PET/CT scan came back clear as well.

I started taking the full does of Dab/Tram on the Monday the 26th February, so now on my 10th day. (i was told it was a preventative measure).

Last weekend i could sleep for England, i was so so tired all the time, but i have perked up a bit.

I have had aches which are not nice but i can put up with them. i have had a couple of days of feeling a bit nauseous, but today is the worst one i have had and i don't feel like anything to eat and feel if i do eat something i would feel like being sick, but probably wouldn't be.

Also i get cold quite easy now, which is not like me at all, and last night my t shirt that i was wearing for bed was wet through, but i was cold not hot., i had to take it off and put a fresh on one.

I am not deluding myself at all and I know things / side effects could get even worse in the next month or so, but if all the symptoms above are due to the dab/tram then i am sure i could handle them, but would need help with the nausea.

Can i ask a question, do the symptoms / side effects come and go i.e. feel nauseous one day then not the next ?  

Thank you.

Simon

• Hi Grinch

My partner was on dab/ tram, he had similar side effects.

It might be helpful to record these and always notify your cancer nurse and consultant. My partner had episodes of high temperature, rigours, fever, and urine infections after 10 weeks of treatment, I would advise monitoring your temperature, & inform your nurse of any changes.

Your dose can be reduced if needed.

Best wishes

Margyy

• Thank you Marggy.

I have been writing effects down.

Do the side effects come an go ?

• Grinch

His aches and pains were eventually controlled with painkillers, steroids, and antibiotics and you can get antisickness drugs.

I dont remember him having nausea, but the other side effects seemed to build up for him, and had to be controlled. But the treatments react differently for different people. Hope this helps.

Margyy

• Hi Marggy.

I have started to feel a tad better, but still not very well.

Hope your hubby is doing ok.

Thank you.

Simon.