Dab/Tram

• 39 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi all.

I am starting dab/tram next Monday 26th Feb.

2 dabrafenib 75mg in the morning with 1 Trametinib 2mg.

Then in the evening 2 dabrafenib 75mg.

I am actually dreading it, as all i read is bad experiencies about the side effects of this medication.

I have not seen one positive experience on this site or any other Melanoma forums.

With this being the case it doesn't install confidence in me.

Quite scary.

• Hi grinch you have gone through a lot already but I remember when your anxiety was through the roof at the beginning and I left you a few messages of support .how much stronger are you now .please d’t worry about taking tram /dab everybody is different and hopefully you won’t get many side affects .the leaflet shows many but they have to do that .i took them for 13 months .yes there was side affects  but nothing that made me stay in bed feeling rough .in-fact you get use to them in the end and the time goes very quick .suddenly you are on your last month and  celebrating it’s all done .just think it's killing anything cancer that’s hiding .so it’s all worth it .i was stage 3c and have four clear scans so far .so my life’s looking brighter big hugs x

• Hi Gringe. I started my drab/tam on Wednesday 14th February, so I am now on day 11. I was also feeling very nervous about starting. I am going to update my profile at the end of each 4 week cycle and mention how I feel, any side effects etc. So far I have nothing to report, feeling OK.

David

• Thank you J.pops for the encouraging words. I am also stage 3c.

• Hi squonk good luck with the treatment .10 days done already well done .keep fighting this cruel illness   Big hugs 

• Thank you J Pops.

Yes I remember in the first couple of months, I was in a very very dark place and because of help and advice from this forum and Melanomamates ect I have been feeling much calmer.

It is still at the back of my mind though, which I am sure is on a lot of people's minds who are living with it.

My MRI brain scan and PET CT scan came back clear, but I know the cancer can come back, so that's why I need to give the Dab/Tram a go.

I don't want to leave my wife and our boys so that's why I have to fight it.

Really good to hear you are doing so well.

Take care.

Simon xx

• Glad you have no side effects as yet and let's hope it stays that way Fingers crossed.

Please keep us all updated.

Take care.

Simon.

• Hi J Pops.

Do you know if its ok to take the Dabfrafenib 3 hours after food or does it have to be dead on the 2 hours-ish

• Hi how often do you have scans as I have not had no body scan since pet scan in October I will starting 4th cycle in a weeks time but I'm 3 weeks behind as had to pause for nearly a month due to fevers and acne rash on face and back.  And I had a echodiagram and mri and ecg before treatment. 

• Hi yeah I still get moments where I think oh god it could come back at anytime it is all scary and every scan result you wait for is scary. Just got to take it week by week and think positive that it is a high percentage with treatment it won't come back. My side effects not to bad at moment just a bit of nausea and get a bit more tired.

• Hi grinch if I remember as long as you don’t eat or drink 1 hour before and two hours after .you need to keep to the times .i took mine at 8am and 8pm  .(12 hours cycle)which suited me .i set my phone alarm to remind me .you will get use to the time you choose that suits you .x