Dab/Tram

• 39 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi all.

I am starting dab/tram next Monday 26th Feb.

2 dabrafenib 75mg in the morning with 1 Trametinib 2mg.

Then in the evening 2 dabrafenib 75mg.

I am actually dreading it, as all i read is bad experiencies about the side effects of this medication.

I have not seen one positive experience on this site or any other Melanoma forums.

With this being the case it doesn't install confidence in me.

Quite scary.

• Hi miss mole sorry to hear you had to stop for three weeks because of the fevers and rash ..i remember it all to well .big hugs ..just had my last heart echo diagram in feb (been of tram and dabs for 6 months now )and I have a full body scans every 6 months ,skin check up every 3 months for the next 4 years .so they are keeping a good eye on me .feel very lucky we have the nhs 

• How often  did to you have the heart echo I'm sure I must be due one soon. Think I might have to contact my dermatologist as its been 3 months since last skin check.

• I had the heart echo every 3 months while taking the tram and dabs treatment and two more when I stopped the treatment but all was good with the results .

• OK thanks I should be due one then I'll ask my oncologist on Thursday check up but I guess different hospitals have different ways.

• I am with the Christie in Manchester.

They told me I will have a CT scan every 3 months and a brain MRI scan every 6 months.

I will also be having an heart echo due soon.

Simon.

• Oh I better ask as I had pet scan 4 months ago so I should be having ct scan by now then. 

• Hi Miss Mole.

Hope everything is going well with you.

I am on day 11 of my Dab/Tram, mostly it's going ok even if it is very early days.

I had bad nausea last Saturday and even worse yesterday.

When I called the lovely very helpful nurse at the Christie she said it's not that far up the list of side effects to be honest.

She then said for me to come off the meds and start again on Monday morning.

Also she said not to worry as it does not effect the treatment and sometimes it wipes the slate clean.

Are you still suffering with nausea ?

• Hi im OK thank you nausea is a common side affect. I have  not had much nausea this week I think it depends on what you eat and if I eat to much I feel sicky. I'm on thyroid tablets as thyroid gone a bit underactive. Got to have a guided ultrasound thyroid biopsy at the end of this month. Having another pet scan on Saturday. Just been to dentist got to have 2 fillings and a tooth out next month. 

• Hi grinch please ask for some nausea tablets from the doctor they will help you within half of hour of taking them ,also they can give you pain killers for any aches you are getting .the temperature of feeling hot and cold will come and go less often as the weeks go on .big hugs x

• Hi grinch please ask your doctor for some nausea tablets ,they will work after half of hour taking them .also they will give you pain killers for any aches and pain you are feeling .the temperature of hot and cold will ease as the weeks go on .big hugs