Positive Update - Stage 4

• 5 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted on here in a while, but I wanted to give an update on my mum. Her melanoma progressed to stage 4 last autumn and in October she was given three to six months to live if treatment didn't work. We found out she had three brain lesions and many, many tumours all over her body, in most of her internal organs and in her skin.

Today we got the results of an MRI scan and a CT scan she had at the start of January, and it's good news. All of her tumours have reduced in size, some of them up to a third, and there are no new ones at all. Her oncologist is really pleased and says it's a great response to the Ipi/Nivo, especially as she had the scans a month early so she's had cycle four since then and is feeling even better now.

We know we're so far from being out of the woods with this, but we're still celebrating today, and it's a great step in the right direction. Last October, I found loads of positive stories on here of people overcoming or living with this horrible disease and shared them with my mum, and they really helped her, so hopefully this can give anyone a bit of hope who needs it right now.