Woman 50 years old: on right cheek dark brown patch with a smaller darker patch inside it

• 1 reply
  • 49 subscribers

Hello, I am a woman, 50 years old, with the following issue:

On my right cheek there is dark brown patch with a smaller darker patch inside it. This has been there for years but I feel like it is getting darker (and I am getting paler too). The patch feels rougher than the surrounding skin.

It is impossible to see a GP hence my asking for help here. Thank you very much in advance for your feedback.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It's always worrying when you notice a change to your skin but no one here can give you a diagnosis I'm afraid. Firstly, it's against the Community guidelines to "attempt to provide a diagnosis for another member" and secondly your skin change needs to be examined by a GP/dermatologist as it would be impossible to know from a description alone whether anything needs doing to your 'patch' or not.

The best thing to do is to make an appointment to see your GP and, if they are concerned, they will arrange for you to see a dermatologist. As you have posted in the melanoma group, I presume you're worried that the patch is skin cancer. Perhaps if you tell your GP that you are worried that you might have skin cancer you will get an appointment quickly.

If it really is impossible to see your GP then you might want to look at moving to a different surgery. Alternatively you could pay to see a dermatologist privately, but this might cost you in the region of about £200.

I do hope you can get an appointment with your GP, and do come back to let us know how you get on.

((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"