Melanoma

• 1 reply
  • 49 subscribers

Hi, I was diagnosed with melanoma in May.   I had 25 lymph nodes removed, and they told me it was stage 3 cancer. They could not find the primary site. I have my pre assessment next Thursday for immunotherapy. After I found the lump, everything has gone so fast. I am forever grateful to everyone who has taken care of me, they have all been amazing.  

If this is not enough I am going through a divorce and a house move. I consider myself to be a strong person but at times i am completely overwhelmed by it all. I still can't believe it is happening to me.  I don't know how the treatment will effect me but all I know is that I want to be here for my kids and live longer than the prognosis they gave me.

• Hi. You are obviously a very strong person and I'm sorry you've found yourself in this group, I'm sure none of us really want to be here. It's ok, you don't always have to feel like a super human and here is a very safe space to let off any frustrations you may have. Keep your chin up, you can handle this.