Immunotherapy

• 3 replies
  • 51 subscribers

My husband has had 2 treatment and due a third this week however it has been cancelled as his blood test is showing his thyroid is not working properly and he has some issues with his kidney.  So he is having to up his thyroxine is being upped and he is having to have a course of steroids. Is this normal and what does it mean for his treatment 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your husband's immunotherapy has been cancelled due to a problem with his thyroid.

I don't personally have any experience with this issue, but I've looked through the group and found these posts which mention problems with thyroid while on immunotherapy.

It would be great if you could pop something about your husband's diagnosis and tests so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi rain and shine, I’ve had three treatments of the two drugs. First one I came out in a rash and my liver function was down.then on my third one I became unwell.they put me on a course of steroids both times.as for the treatment it just put me back a few weeks until I finished the steroids.Hope this helps .

• I've had 2 treatments of immunotherapy and my last blood showed raised liver reading. Cancelled my 3rd treatment and put on steroids. Back today for bloods, treatment was to start again this week, only to get a call my liver reading had shot up higher after having got it right doesn't. Back for more bloods tomorrow, then it's whether I will have to be admitted for high steroid drip, for a few days.not looking forward to that at all. Nothing is straight forward but I just plough it all and stay positive. Fingers crossed hubby will be back on the treatment journey very quickly.