Brain mets after melanoma

• 3 replies
  • 51 subscribers

Hi haa anyone had one? Husband and daughter just setting up a just giving page to ring the 10k for cancer, to support me. Both hare baggy clothes.  X

Thanks for all your replies, really helpful and gives me hope, especially after being awake all night with chest pains, imagining all sorts. Having a ct tomorrow, start immuno next Tues, fair to say scarey times!. Wishing everyone all the best xx

• Hi  

I don't have any experience with brain mets but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be easier to spot.

There are various people in the group who either have brain mets themselves or whose partner does. These are the posts which mention brain mets for you to have a look through.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

I hope the CT scan went well today and wishing you all the best with your immuno next week.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi,I’ve come back to the Macmillan site. I didn’t find it very easy to access,now did I find it very helpful really.

I was told I had Brain Mets in December 2021.They term it as Advanced. Two areas,both left side of my brain. Just before Christmas and very quickly after being told of the Mets,I had Stereotactic Radiotherapy. It’s a treatment,not a cure. I am classed as Stable.

• That's great to read that you're currently stable  and thanks for taking the time to respond to Jane B.

The site can be a bit difficult to navigate initially but I'm sad to read that you didn't find it very helpful. It would be really useful to the online community team if you could explain why you haven't found it helpful as they are always looking for ways to improve it. You can email your comments directly to them at community@macmillan.org.uk.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"