Keloid Scar following surgery

• 3 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Hi, I had surgery in Feb 21 on my back from a Basel cell and developed a keloid scar there, it swells, causes pain, can itch and looks unsightly and much bigger than the original scar. 1 month ago I had surgery WLE on my right upper arm for a stage 1 melanoma, I am now developing another keloid.

Does  anyone know of anything that can help with these? One is nearly a year old and established, the other is new and still developing …. Thanks 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the group

I don't have any experience with keloid scars but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet.

I've done a search in the group and can see that  has posted about having one. I've tagged them into this reply and hopefully they'll pop on and share their experience with you.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Ok thank you

ive got some silicone strips and trailing those at the moment on the keloid 

• I’ve not experienced that … but I’ve been using e45 on my WLE scar and groin biopsy scar and that has really helped my scars personally xx