Recovery ❤︎‍

• 6 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Good afternoon, it’s been a while since I have been on here. On the 17/8/22 I had my WLE and groin lymph node dissection…All I can say is I’m so glad it wasn’t cancelled as I would not be here to tell my tale… Two weeks before my operation I began deteriorating before everyone’s eyes. Upon arrival at the hospital the nurse who booked me in saved my life.. Within minutes I was being poked and prodded and I was told that instead of WLE they were going to have remove my whole left heel! 
Six and half hours operation and my life was saved… I might have lost my heel but I’m still here… 

Recovery has been horrendous and it’s only today that I feel like me again and I’m feeling positive. I have had continuous problems with my groin dissection but also they had to remove lymph node that was attached to my femoral artery… this has come open. On a positive note my heel and very large skin graft from my good leg is heeling well. 

I have been an horrendous patient See no evilRofl but my family have been amazing especially my husband. My drain nurse has been exceptional and she arranged for District nurse to come out and change my dressings as I’m unable to walk. Ido have crutches but I look like the walking dead. 

I know what my next path is after this and that’s immunotherapy as my cancer is Stage 4 mestatic melonama and Secondary Stage 3 in 4 of my lymph nodes. I know I still have a long way to go but I think I can face it now!

I just wanted to thank all of you who offered advice on groin dissection and how to take care of yourself afterwards and everything you need because it was a great help.

I hope everyone else is doing okay x

lots of love Heart️ 

Kate xxx

• Oh my - what a time you have had. I can only pray that things get better for you in the weeks and months ahead. Very best wishes to you.

• Hello again Scousemouse/Kate and I'm so sorry to hear about the terrible time you've been having with your melanoma hon.  It's amazing you've come through all that and are still chirpy.

You've been strong and courageous to get through all that you have and I hope you will face the immunotherapy with that same strength.  I bet you weren't really a dreadful patient Kate, you've had a lot done to you and extra complicated with the lymph node next to your femoral artery so I believe you had every right to be grumpy and self-preserving! 

I wish you luck with your drug treatments hon and remember we're all here to help you keep going and to send love and hugs when you need them xx Lucy

• Thank you, I’m feeling good today as I had my drain removed xx

• Hi, it sounds like you have really been through it. Good that you are feeling positive, it can be so hard. 

I am stage 3B and had complete groin and lymph node dissection 3 weeks ago after CT scan showed recurrence in lymph nodes.  Doing OK just awful stiffness down my thigh which is affecting mobility a bit. 

Waiting now for results follow up and I also will be having 12 months of treatment. I'm BRAF positive so I think I have a choice of treatment. Feel quite positive at the moment.

Good luck with your recovery and keep thinking positive.

Alison x

• Hi, totally get you with the stiffness! As the day goes on my thigh becomes so stiff and numb it’s driving me crazy…I’m glad you feeling positive as it’s the only way we can be to get us through these tough times.

Good luck with your recovery and wishing you well Hearts

Kate x