Onward referral

• 2 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Hi. I’ve been to 2 different Hospital’s for treatment of melanoma insitu on nose. The first hospital did an excision biopsy to confirm. At the second hospital I had WLE with skin graft, then the results revealed some remaining melanoma cells in the margin. 

I was given options to continue treatment and chose mohs surgery,  I’m now being referred to a 3rd hospital for this treatment, and have just  received  an appointment to see a consultant in 6 weeks time.

It’s been 5 months since I first presented myself to my doctor, and like most I’m dealing with  anxiety . Should I contact the hospital and ask if any cancellations become available , then I would readily accept.

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I can understand why you want to have your Mohs' surgery as soon as possible so that you can get the remaining pre-cancerous cells removed. It would certainly do no harm to phone the hospital where you'll be having the procedure done to tell them that you can take a cancellation if any become available before your scheduled surgery.

Let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi latchbrook, thank you for your reply. After several attempts to contact the hospital ( busy on Mondays apparently) I spoke to a helpful receptionist within the dermatology dept who checked to see if any cancellations were available, but none today. However I was told I can phone back any day/time Mon to Fri and they would be happy to check for me.