Possible Treatment

• 13 replies
  • 46 subscribers

I have just found out I have my first app on Friday to discuss possible treatment options.

I am stage 3a as when the spot was originally removed they found a few more cells in transit.

WLE was carried out with clear margins.  CT scan showed no spread.

I am BRAF negative.

Can anyone suggest good questions for me to ask the oncologist?

My first one will be why have they not done s SLNB?

• Hey there. 

hreat to hear you are nearly done with the treatment.  I have two left I have been having it every three weeks for nearly a year now. Had a few complications on the way. How are you feeling as I have the most awful aches  to the point I feel like quiting the treatment ? 

x

• Hi  sorry to hear that you are in pain x I go every 6 weeks and the plan is 9 doses over the year. I have been absolutely fine side effect wise ( a little tired here n there ). After dose 7 and 8 i took and allergic reaction but that was quickly sorted with piriton.
    Emotionally I have struggled immensely, I feel like the last 14 months have been a living nightmare. counselling , hypno therapy , reiki have all helped me xx 

only you will know what’s right for you BUT you are so close to finishing xx 

• Hi LucieO, I'm a three weeker like you and my last two doses are on 11th and 22nd of August.  I'm lucky that I've only had arthritic hands so far.  Glad for it to be over but not liking the feeling of being out on my own with no treatment and living with the fear of recurrence every day.  Hang on in there hon, you've done brilliantly to get this far and it's nearly done. 

I'm planning to keep myself busy and distracted as much as possible.  Some studying and a proper job coming next xx