Wohooo all clear after invasive 1a diagnosis and WLE

• 9 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Had the WLE on the 21st June stiches and results on the 30th no melanoma in surrounding tissue.  Great news and very happy.  Hope it never comes back but I've learnt from others this is a sneaky cancer and a bloody big organ.

Thankyou for all the support this group and others have been amazing.  I will continue to lurk as I know not many 1a stick  around  to spread the positive stories.

• Hi

That's great news!!

Thanks for offering to stay around, as you're right, we need people who have positive outcomes to tell their stories.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Great news and such a relief for you. I too am a lurker (1b) for the exact same reason as you. 

I will be forever grateful for the wonderful support from the people in the forum so if occasionally I can give something back (like you) then I will.

Big hug xx

• Thank you Anne I just had a look at you profile story my mole was on my right upper back.  When did you receive your results are you being seen every 3 months for a year or 5 years.  I'm being seen for 1 year. I hope I'll be less anxious of spread by then xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Multiplemum

Hi Multiplemum,

I phoned up for my results in February and had my delayed post op check in April. I have now been referred back to Dermatology for monitoring, my appt is next week. As I understand it I will be monitored between 2 and 5 years (been told 2 by one person and 5 by another!). Hopefully I can find out for sure next week. I share your anxiety regarding spread, hopefully that is because this is new to us.We have been through a stressful time what with biopsy, diagnosis then results everyone finds it difficult, especially the waiting. We are also having to be more aware of sun protection....lots to think about and adjustments to be made.

So as our nerves settle and it becomes the norm to slap on the sunscreen and cover up our anxiety should fade too. My Solbari sun hat may not be fashionable but I do feel secure wearing it. Marks and Spencer have done very well with my linen purchases my postman is convinced I am keeping them afloat! 

Xx

• Congratulations! Great News! xxx

• I am so pleased for you hon, good results. Celebrate!CocktailThumbsupBouquetTada

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Multiplemum

Hi Multiplemum,

I went to my check up at Dermatology today. So finally I have been assigned a cancer nurse who I am relieved to say is lovely. She gave me my first full mole and lymph nodes check (all ok phew!). She clarified she will be seeing me every three months for three years then every six months for two years. She also gave me a direct line number for her and said if I had any worries or concerns she would get me in outside of those appointments if needed. 

1. Very grateful for that. Hope you are ok.
  • Finally Anne1536 you've got a plan to move on with and what sounds like a lovely nurse to see you regularly.

I spoke with my lovely consultant and mentioned I've not had any skin checks at all but I'm sure I'm noticing more moles appearing!

So I get referred back to the dermatology dept but don't quite know why so I guess they'll do the checks.

Hope you're coping ok with the hot weather ok hon. X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Alottment lover

Hello Allotment lover I think it must be dermatology that do the checks as previously as you know in my experience the plastic surgery dept concentrated on the WLE and SLNB on the melanoma site only and there were no checks on other lymph nodes or moles.

Now that I am back with Dermatology a completely different scenario. The light wand was whipped out and there I was in my underwear being zapped!! I think you will find it very reassuring to experience the same. I was worried about some things on my face the good news is they are nothing to worry about...the bad news they are age spots and more will appear...who is this old bird I wonder?

The heat is something else isn't it but coping ok . Take care xxx