Waiting

• 9 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi

I’m just feeling so down at the moment. Waiting for results of blood tests and discussion on last scan. I have a small lump on neck and inflammation on lungs. They think maybe covid has affected my lung but I do worry. How does everyone cope. 

• Its so hard to wait with uncertainty and not knowing the waiting is sometimes the worst bit. I made a rule to cry when I needed to and there is only so long you can live like I am going to fall into the vortex. So loud music helped me, hot shower then cry, then walk, then cry then eat something lush, and cry, see people walking around like they have all the time in the world and cry then sleep because i was shattered. I figured crying does not mean I'm not coping. So glad your talking about it 

• Thank you for that. I find if I’m busy I cope okay but when I’m just sitting it’s hard. I can’t cry. Maybe would help if I could. Hopefully hear something positive this week. 

• Hi 

I know how hard waiting for results and discussions about what happens next can be.

I cope by focusing on doing things that I enjoy so that I don't have much time to thinks about the 'what ifs'. Do you have any hobbies or interests that you could throw yourself into?

Lots of people find mindfulness very helpful so that might be something that you could look into.

Do you know when you're likely to get your results?

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I had a look in your profile before replying to you but noticed that you haven't completed it or joined this group yet. Don't worry, you haven't done anything wrong but joining the group has the advantage that you'll receive notifications when others post here and it also allows you to start a new post.

To join the group click on the 'banner' that appears at the bottom of the page. You can then start a new post and tell us what brings you here. 

More information on how to join a group can be found here along with information on how to start a discussion.

I'm sorry to read how much having a cancer diagnosis is affecting you and whilst there's nothing wrong with crying if it's affecting your daily life then you can get support with your emotions. If you click on the link it will take you to lots of information on coping from Macmillan.

Currently Macmillan have teamed up with Bupa to offer up to six counselling sessions to people who are struggling emotionally.

When you have a minute it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • Many thanks for your reply. I play golf but due to tiredness not managing to play very well, but true I can forget about it all when I’m on the course. My daughter has a new puppy who has kind of adopted me. He’s helps as well. Hopefully get results sometime next week. 

• Can you explain please what you mean by mindfulness 

• Hi

Here's a link which explains mindfulness.

x

Community Champion Badge

• All that makes good sense. I will try. I do tend to dwell on all that’s going on with my body and treatment at the moment. 

• Just read your profile. Hope everything goes well with you. You’ve had a lot to get through in the last few years.