Dab and tram sickness

• 1 reply
  • 50 subscribers

Hi all 

I’m a week into taking dab/tram and I am so so nauseous. I wake up at 1am every night and vomit for about 2 hours.

I also have shivers and weakness Disappointed

My oncology team have told me to take a 48hour break but I was wondering if this goes away in time? 

Really scared of feeling like this for a year.

stage 3C melanoma spread to one lymph node/ had a neck dissection and scans all clear now. 

• Hi Sarah_Star. 

Sorry to hear you’re having a bad time on your treatment. My partner started the same treatment on 1st December. He has 3C melanoma and also spread to one node under armpit removed. He has gone through episodes of sickness nausea not vomiting, severe tremors, high temperatures. Theses episodes tend to start at about day 12 and subside he will stop for 36-48 hours and start again. Unfortunately he has had to stop for 15 days this month as his white blood cells have been too low but able to start again last night. This has happened before 2nd month in.. He has anti sickness drugs to take, have you been given any. ? .. These side affects seems to be something that happens and we think taking a break maybe for 2-3 days does help obviously if you’re bloods are too low you have to stop. Please try the anti sickness if you have them or talk to your nurse to get some.. Please take care and hope it all gets easier for you.. x