Is anyone on Ipilimumab and Nivolumab?

• 3 replies
  • 52 subscribers

My husband has had 4 cycles of these meds and is now on a 6 week break. He is really struggling with the side affects of dry mouth, harsh cough, high temperature,  fatigue and aches and pains.  He has metastatic malignant melanoma,  which has spread to his lymph nodes in his groin and his lung.

I wonder if anyone has been on this treatment and how long the side effects last? And if there is anything we can do to lessen the effects?

• Ive been on that treatment for 13 months not had sickness  but skin reaction weight gain imsomnia losing my hair..spread to lung bowel pelvis and abdomen  so far doesnt seem to have made a dent in these areas actually started in sole of foot spreadto groin as well but that  cancer seens to have shrunk not sure wot is happening on rest of it guessing its  not melanoma!!!! I believe yiu can get medication from oncologist for sickness..

• Hi Bevplum - it seems completely variable from one patient to another and impossible to predict -  but from what’s I’ve read 50% of patients on the combination get significant toxicities.

this is worth having a look at - 

https://www.esmo.org/guidelines/supportive-and-palliative-care/toxicities-from-immunotherapy

also there is a specific melanoma forum online where many of the patients are on immunotherapy or have been previously.

• Hi,

I had my first double dose of ipilimumab and nivolumab 2 weeks ago and my side effects are rashes all over my body, nothing else. Have my 2nd dose next week and two more to follow after that at 3 weekintervals, my sole aim is just trying to get through the 4 doses without my treatment being stopped. I'm using moisturizers, cortisone cream and anti histamines but with limited success.