Dam Trab

• 4 replies
  • 49 subscribers

My partners blood results have came back after a month of treatment, has now been told to stop treatment as white cells low. He had an episode of high temperature, shivering was told to go A&E where he was treated very quickly thankfully and home same day but 2 wks on now told bloods aren’t good. He had full bloods done in A&E and where fine. Saw oncologist next day they said continue with drugs. He now needs to do bloods again hopefully results will be good and able to start treatment. Very stressful. 

• Hi NannyStan

My partner has had tge same, shivering & high temperature. Been in hospital since Boxing day. Its the Dab and Tram that has caused it, and he is now on the right treatment but he has a chest infection as well. Hoping he will be home soon, but yes its very stressful for family.

Hope all goes well for your partner.

Marggy

• Hi Marggy Thank you for your reply sorry to hear about your husband hopefully he’ll be home very soon. They have told my partner to stay off of treatment until he has new bloods. He feels a lot better than he was. Have they started your husband on a new treatment also how long had he been on it ? 

• He stopped the Dab and Tram because of the high temperature, (which he had been taking for just over 2 months with very few side effects).

His brilliant cancer team have got him on some treatment to sort this out. Then his situation will be reviewed about restarting Dab and Tram.

All very worrying, but hoping he will be home next week.