How long till results?

• 18 replies
  • 56 subscribers

Hi,

How long did you wait for the results from wle and slnb? 

Had my op 9 days ago

One person said 2 weeks, one said 4 and one said up to 6 weeks! 

The waiting is the worst part! 

Thanks 

• Hi K8,

I think all of the above are correct. It seems to depend on where you are based and how much of a backlog there is.

I was told by my plastic surgeon to expect them in 6 weeks. My op was late Oct. They actually turned up earlier, I checked with his PA after 4 weeks.

I do know of people who have had them after only two.

Wishing you all the best.

Paul

• Thank you for the reply. 6 weeks just seems so long to wait! 

• Yes it is.

I just tried to distract myself by keeping as busy as I could and trying to do things I enjoyed.

Going to google or sitting around mulling things over definitely did not help!

Could you maybe pop some details on to your profile so that the people looking at the forum know a little of your history ?

Good luck !

• I had my WLE SLNB on Friday and they said four weeks, but at the pre op they said three weeks... When I had the initial excision biopsy they said six weeks, but thank goodness it was just three. I'm not sure they really know to be honest, as I am guessing the protocols for responding might be different depending on a negative or positive SLNB, but I will be chasing it up just before Christmas as I will be going nuts by then.

• Thanks , have updated my profile 

• I waited 4 weeks for my SLNB results x felt so much longer x 

• I really sympathise...my op was only 6 days ago, and I am struggling with not knowing. I go from feeling quite happy, (mainly in the daytime) to absolute panic every night.  I was told up to 6 weeks, and the thought of going through Christmas with this hanging over me is so awful. But then, on the other hand, i think that all the time I don't know, it could still be in the very early stages.  I hope that we both get good results soon. x

• Hi

I got my WLE and SLNB results back after 2 weeks but I had to wait 6 weeks for the original excision biopsy results as there was a backlog at the path labs. However, both of those were 5 years ago now.

Hope you don't have to wait too long for yours and in the meantime just try to distract yourself doing things you enjoy.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• so I've had an appointment through for the 22nd with the plastic surgeon- do you get the results from them ?  i assumed it would be dermatology 

1. When I got my SLNB results it was from the plastic surgeon. X