Lymphatic drainage massage - suitable after WLE and SLNB?

• 1 reply
  • 50 subscribers

I had a WLE and SLNB in February 2021 for Melanoma in my left upper arm.  Fortunately, the biopsy was clear, the scar has healed well and I have good function in my arm but still suffer tingling sensations.  An experienced sports masseuse has suggested that I have a lymphatic drainage massage.  Does this sound like a good idea?  Has anyone had this type of massage?

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

As I haven't had this type of massage I don't know whether it's a good idea or not. You might find this information from Macmillan about massage useful to have a look through before you make a decision.

You will see that it says "massage therapists should avoid any areas affected by cancer, such as tumour sites or lymph nodes. The massage therapist must be properly trained and qualified to treat people with cancer. They should have some knowledge of cancer and its treatments."

It would also be a good idea to speak to your SCNS to see if she feels that there would be any problems having the massage.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"