Covid jabs

• 6 replies
  • 52 subscribers

Hi All, does anyone have any wisdom on whether to get a third Asteazeneca Han or the Pfizer booster when I’m Pembrolizumab? 

• Hi Iam on Nivolumab and have recently seen my consultant.I asked her the same question and she said definitely get the booster but don’t get the flu jab at the same time. Hope this helps 

Lgrgdg90
  • Thanks igrgdg90 yes helpful thanks. I understand that the booster is a half dose of Pfizer but AstraZeneca third dose would be a full dose. It’s not clear which would be better. I’ll probably just get the booster

• Hi Balletstar, 

I don't have an answer to your question unfortunately but I had my third dose as Pfizer(same as previous two). I was wondering where you got the info about Pfizer being half dose as oppose to AZ one being full dose for boosters, as I haven't heard it before. 

• Hi Elmyra, I read that the government was experimenting with half doses but that could be wrong. I did read that for Moderna scientists have found that half dose boosters might be better but the info may not have been specific for Pfizer. I use Lloyds chemist and pay for antibody tests so I can keep track for myself

• Hi there  I had my 3rd dose weds. They are not giving astrazeneca boosters. Its mostly Pfizer boosters or modern for younger people. I was advised by chemo unit to get the booster and flu jab done before treatment started today.  So I had flu jab tues, covid booster weds and 1st dose of immunotherapy pembrolizumab today.  I found the covid jab made me really sleepy though. I had it at 6.40pm was I bed by 9pm fell asleep watching TV before 10pm and didn't wake till 9.35am the next morn. Then Thursday I felt like I was drugged all day despite drinking lots of water and going for a walk. 

• Thanks Sarahlou43. I’ve gleaned a bit more  info. I’m getting my third Pfizer jab next week midway through infusions. It’s a full dose but is called third jab because they are considering giving a fourth to immunosurpressed people and we will be enrolled for a further booster after that so it’s important to get a third jab rather than a booster at this stage. Apart from the terminology and the chance to get further doses I think it’s the same dose. I got mine arranged by calling my GP and I would have fallen through the cracks if I hadn’t acted so I suggest check with your consultants and GP don’t just rely on the NHS system to catch you as it isn’t perfect