Waiting results, skin swelling

• 3 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Hi all,

Recently had a mole removed from my neck and waiting for the results. Since then on the back of my neck about a few inches from the original cut my skin has swelled up, is red and sore. I think I can feel a hard lymph behind this. Anyone experience similar, could it be a reaction from the surgery or something more sinister? 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm not medically trained but this might be a sign that the wound is infected as I was advised to keep an eye out for redness and tenderness around the wound area. You should have been given a contact number for the hospital in case of anything like this happening so it would probably be a good idea to contact them. 

Let us know how you get on when you speak to the hospital.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi, thanks. I've spoken to my Gp on the phone and they've given some antibiotics. Fingers crossed that's all it is.

• It's natural to worry that it might be something more sinister when you're waiting for results but, as I've found, it's usually not Slight smile

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"