Frustrated!

• 5 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hey folks

Just need a place to offload a little. 

As some of you will know I've been waiting 4 weeks now since diagnosis to receive an appointment for my WLE and SLNB. I was being referred to another hospital further away that has a plastic surgery department for this. 

I've just called and spoken to a lovely lady in their waiting lists department who double checked and told me that there is no referral for me. They haven't received anything. She also told me that if it's a referral for suspected cancer then usually they'd hope to have seen me and done my surgery within a 4 week period so I'd have been done and dusted by now.  She told me to hang up and immediately call the original hospital, which I've done but can only get the secretaries voicemail who will apparently return all calls the following day. 

I'm also i the middle of organising my brother's funeral after he passed away somewhat unexpectedly last week (he had Muscular Dystrophy) so I could have really done without this awful mix up on top of that. 

Sorry, just needed a place to rant with people who understand.

Mack x

• This is awful , so sorry you Havnt even had an appointment through. 

condolences about your  brither x 

• Hi Mack, I am so sorry for your loss, and I’m so sorry and frustrated with you for the delay and problems between hospitals. One saving grace, (as I always annoyingly like to look for something good), is that today is Thursday and not Friday, so I hope you get good news tomorrow and that they pull out some stops to correct as soon as possible. 

Its a terrible time for you in several ways, so I hope your post gets some emotion out, and makes it easier to press on with tomorrow.

Virtual hugs for you ((()))

Take care KT

• Hi Macklynne,

I'm really sorry to read of your sad loss.

Have you been able to get your referral sent through yet?  Fingers crossed that this will all be sceduled very soon

Best

J

Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and find it!

• have you had anymore news x 

• Hey All

So I was told someone would call me back today from my original hospital but no call back. 
    Managed to get through to someone at the hospital where they did my excision and she transferred me to my consultants secretary but she doesn't work today according to her voicemail so left a message for her to call me back tomorrow. 

I called my GP to ask if they'd recieved a copy of my results and she said they've just recieved a letter in today (am thinking my call last week put a cat among the pigeons and they've suddenly realised that none of my letters were sent so sent them all out after I called). I'm collecting a copy of that tomorrow after the GP has had a look at it. 

Am having a really bad day today between that and the funeral arrangements but the funeral is on Wednesday so hopefully things will be a little easier to deal with after that's passed. 

Hope you're all keeping safe! 
    Mack xx