Pain after lymph node removal

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 50 subscribers

I had all my lymph nodes removed 3 weeks ago from under my left arm after a melanoma was found and although my pain has eased immensely i have continuous pain in the left breast.  Half the breast is still quite numb but the rest of the breast including the nipple is very tender.  I have not been able to wear any type of bra for more than an hour.  Also does anyone know if i can use deodorant (my wound is not fully healed).  Many thanks

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that you have continuous pain in your left breast after your recent operation to remove the lymph nodes in your left armpit. I had a SLNB in my left armpit but didn't have the pain where you have. I know your question isn't to do with this but have you spoken to your SCNS about the pain?

As for using deodorant, I didn't use deodorant in the armpit where I'd had my SLNB until my wound had fully healed.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hello crafty t , I had slnb back in January, it was in my groin. All I can say is that any inflammation and pain subsided within a month, I would say mine still sometimes feels painful if I do certain movements but this is rare. I would also say that scar tissue and pain to press hard in the area makes it difficult to spot a problem with lymph nodes so make sure your dermatologist does a good job examining you on follow up appointments. 

Since having slnb I decided to opt for natural crystal deodorant. It takes a while to get used to but has to be better for you, I also use simple facial moisturiser and simple shower gel , I read somewhere that unfragranced is much gentler on your body.

Good luck and I hope everything calms down soon