New to this group

• 1 reply
  • 8 subscribers

My husband was diagnosed with stage 4 Mantle Cell Lymphoma in February. He has recently completed 6 cycles of R Chop Chemotherapy. He feels very fatigued and had also started to feel very anxious, probably because he is at such a low point? We are both finding it difficult......

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Lymphoma groups. 

I don’t have Mantle cell lymphoma but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of Low-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 so although my Lymphoma ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well……. especially the post treatment recovery…..

My story is rather complicated (See my story) as I had to go onto many levels of treatments but I am coming up to 8 years out from my last treatment and I will turn 68 this Nov and am doing great……… so even in the most challenging times it can be done.

My Consultant told me that going through treatments like these was like doing a boxing match and a marathon every day over the months of treatments and this was done without any training.

Think doing the London Marathon without any training and you had to finish it as your life depended on it……. this is the journey he had been on so it most likely will take much longer than you would think to get back to some normality.

You may find it helpful to make a cuppa and have a look at this great paper After Treatment Finishes - Then What? by Dr Peter Harvey as it highlights the post treatment milestones.

Always around to help more or just to chat.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge