• 1 reply
  • 8 subscribers

hi just been diagnosed with MCL and its pretty scary I'm 70yrs old and waiting for a hickman line to be fitted then I embark on a course of maxi-chop then cytarabine alternatively 3 of each then stem cell therapy  for 2months the literature is scary think I'm in for a tough year 

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Lymphoma groups.

I don’t have Mantle Cell Lymphoma but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of Low Grade NHL eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 so although my Lymphoma ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well…… and more so as I have been through 2 Allo (donor) Stem Cell Transplants (SCT).

Yes all the information you get is challenging to read but I have to say that most folks will say the SCT was much less demanding compared to what the information says.

As SCT is a rather unique process we do actually have a dedicated Stem cell transplant Support Group where all those who navigate the SCT journey support each other.

Why not join the SCT group and put up a post introducing yourself.

Always around to help more or just to chat

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge