Time...

• 3 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Hello all... I've gone three years now since diagnosis, chemo etc. And I find myself wondering about the timespan of others in the group?

• Hi Seasidepeter.

I was diagnosed at age 58 with Stage 4 MCL. Had chemo and a donated stem cell transplant. That was 14 years ago this week and I'm now 72! I am officially considered a SURVIVOR by my transplant hospital :-)

Stay well

• Crikey, that's marvellous; I feel so pleased for you and very encouraged. Unfortunately I couldn't have a stem cell transplant or the rituximab post chemo regime (too old for the first and the second made me ill). 

I've reached a stage now where I'm looking over my shoulder a bit; so it's good to hear news like yours .

Long may you continue!

• HI again  as you know I have different type of NHL, but I have been on my journey 24 years now and now over 7 years  in remission thanks to 2 Allo Stem Cell Transplants. Still incurable so my Lymphoma is asleep and let’s hope it stays that way but I definitely am not looking over my shoulder….. my focus is fully on living life to the full as long as I am able and I will deal with a relapse if and when it happens.

I was talking with someone on the Lymphoma Action - Support Platforms a few weeks back who has MCL. It’s 20 years since her diagnosis at 41….. she nearly died after what was later found to be a 4x6cm NHL tumour blocking my caecum, and causing a lot of damage to her colon. A radical hemicolectomy ( but no colostomy) and four cycles of RCHOP later and she was like in remission

Like everyone she had post treatment side effects along the way, but she went on to do a PhD in the History of Nursing.

Keep looking forward, when you keep looking over your shoulder you just trip over.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge