Woodland Fells RIP

• 10 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Trigger warning, this message relates to the death of Woodland Fells.

Woodland Fells was my wife and asked that I post here in the event of her death. She felt that it was important that people knew how her story ended rather her just disappearing. I hope this post does not upset anyone or break any rules. 

She died earlier this month aged 46. She had been doing well and was excited about a enjoying a period of relative good health before undertaking the CAR-T therapy which we hoped would significantly extend her life.

Unfortunately she had a very rare and extremely aggressive form of MCL, which suddenly flared up, putting her in hospital. The doctors tried every drug that they could to bring the disease under control. Unfortunately it did not respond to any of them, and she rapidly became sicker and sicker. She ultimate agreed to withdraw treatment as she was dying and there was no hope of recovery. She heavily sedated and died around 24 hours later with me at her side.

She was an amazing and strong person who is desperately missed by her children, myself, and her wider friends and family. Her philosophy was to never regret and we enjoyed a wonderful summer filled with simple but happy memories.

Please feel free to post replies but be aware that I am not sure if I have the emotional strength to regularly access her account and so may not see them.