Arthritis post Nordic?

• 2 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Hello...I responded really well to the Nordic treatment, which finished back at the end of November. Now on the two-monthly Rituximab maintenance cycle.

Although all is well so far vis a vis lymphocytes, neutrophils etc, I have two problems. One: I have a facial rash that won't go away and Two: I have really bad arthritis in my hands. 

I had a consult with a rheumatologist, who says tough luck about the rash and the hands is osteoarthritis..Again - go away and try cayenne pepper salve.

My question for the group: has anybody else developed arthritis or joint pain in the months following chemo? I never suffered before MCL treatment, and wonder whether chemo can trigger joint inflammation in some way.

I will ask my nice haematology consultant; but thought I'd check here first....

Best wishes to all....Peter

• Hi Peter , treatment ‘left overs’ can be a challenge. Our bodies are put through a lot so not surprising when they kick back at us.

I had a rare skin NHL so my various treatments did the job on that. But I have talked with others who end up with inexplainable rashes, the skin being the largest organ of the body does have to go through a lot and often I seen. I would ask to see a Dermatologist (I was under a Derm for the first 14 years before seeing a Heam) as they can look with fresh eyes at your skin.

developed arthritis or joint pain in the months following chemo?

I had very bad Peripheral Neuropathy in my hands and some on my feet also bad pain in my joints, knees and and neck was the worst..... “muscle wastage and PN” I was told “this may take some time to work its way out”

The weird thing is I was diagnosed with Thoratic & Lumber Spondylosis - Spinal Osteoarthritis 3 years before I went into treatment...... now over 5 years out from all my treatments I do not now experience any of the challenges and feel any of the pain I did years back.

The Lymphoma journey is rather bizarre- keep pushing for answers.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you for a very helpful post Mike. I'll take your advice and keep pushing...