Beginning the strange journey

• 2 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Morning all…..new here… haven’t slept much last night….

so newly diagnosed with Melanoma…. Had a biopsy back in March, had the results in April. Had an operation in for the removal of my melanoma and a lymph node operation also. Had the results back yesterday and have found out the melanoma has spread to my lymph node. Now have some scans due/oncology and treatment to look forward to….. anyone else going or gone through this…. Some wise words of wisdom and help with what I’ve got to look forward to with all this would be greatly appreciated. Based in Margate, Kent. Rich x

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read that you've recently been diagnosed with melanoma which has been found to have spread to your lymph nodes.

As you know, the online community is divided into different support forums so I'm going to recommend that you join us over in the melanoma forum as you'll find plenty of people there whose melanoma has spread to their lymph nodes.

If you'd like to do this just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi  

My wife's cancer while very different was first diagnosed from a lymph node. She had two lots of chemotherapy and for her the second rendered her cancer stable - we have been living with cancer now for over 10 years. 

We do have some information on cancer and emotions that might be helpful. You might also like to look at our Melanoma forum where there may be people who share similar journeys to you.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge