Hello

• 2 replies
  • 5 subscribers

Been a member of the bowel cancer forum and incurable cancer forum for a while but didn’t realise there was a dedicated forum for secondary lymph node cancer until today, so thought I would say Hi!

Currently on a watch and wait regime to ascertain best time to commence palliative chemo. Had a scan a couple of weeks ago and see oncologist on Wednesday. Too many cancerous lymph nodes for SABR but meant be able to have some radiotherapy if disease stays stable for another 3 or 4 months, which would, hopefully, delay the start of palliative chemotherapy. Might post again towards the end of the week after my consultation.

Regards.

Maninbath

• Hi  

All the best with your consideration today and do come back to let the other forum members know how you get on.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi. Update from yesterday’s consultation. Whilst CT scan shows no spread my cancerous lymph nodes have doubled in size in 3 months. My blood work also shows my cancer markers have doubled in that period too. These may be contributing factors to my increasing backache and fatigue. The oncologist will be speaking with a radiotherapy expert to assess if a course of radiotherapy is appropriate. Otherwise, it’s continue with the watch and wait regime, with a PET scan sometime in the next 3 months.

Maninbath.