secondary lymph after anal cancer

• 1 reply
  • 6 subscribers

Hi there, my mum has had anal cancer previously and had radiotherapy and chemotherapy. She had amazing results and the tumour was gone and she got the all clear six months ago.

Unfortunately she has found out this week that it’s come back and it’s in her lymph nodes, neck pelvis and abdomen…and they have said it’s not curable however it’s not as yet in any of her organs. They are putting her on immunotherapy, and 2 types of chemo. Think they said it was a carcinoma or something.

it’s apparently quite a rare cancer anal cancer and reaccurance is also quite unlikely.

it would just be good to hear about anyone else’s experience as to what to expect? I’ve come to believe they can treat it and she could like quite a long time with the cancer.

just looking to connect and get bit more insight and info

Very much appreciated. We are just all upset that it’s back.

thanks El

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your mum's cancer has returned after she was given the all clear 6 months ago. It must be an incredibly hard time for the whole family.

As you know, the online community is divided up into different support groups so I'm going to recommend that you also join and post in the anal cancer group, which is a great place to connect with others whose anal cancer has returned and found to have spread to other areas of the body.

To join just click on the link I've created which will take you straight there. Once you've joined the group you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing threads by clicking on 'reply'.

Another group which I think you might benefit from joining is either the carers only group, if you are your mum's carer, or the family and friends group, if you're not her carer. Both of these groups are safe and supportive places to discuss your worries and emotions with other people who have a loved one living with cancer.

It would be great if you could pop something about your mum's diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"