CUP following rectum cancer

• 6 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hi my names Lynette. I’ve just been diagnosed with CUP some 3 months after undergoing major bowel surgery. The little buggers hiding somewhere in my pelvic area this time I’m not gonna let it get me though. The consultant had recommended hormone therapy so just started a three month course today. Positive mindset so onwards and upwards.

•  

Hi Lynette and a warm welcome to the Online Community. I'm sorry to read about your diagnosis but pleased to note your positive attitude. We've got to do all we can to kick these little buggers into touch. I'm not from this group so I hope the members here come along soon to chat.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep writing the same thing over and over. You can amend or update it at any time. 

I wish you well with your hormone therapy. 

Macmillan Support Services also offer lots of information, support, financial guidance or just someone to listen. It’s free to call 0808 808 0000. Most services are available 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi Wednesday LD, I've just joined this group too, I already live on the melanoma site!

I'm sorry to hear the little buggers have returned to try your patience and I like your sense of humour.  There are definitely all sorts of names we could call them and probably will in time.

As you say onwards and upwards.  The alternative is to give in to the bastards and no way we should do that !

I wasn't sure how I'd react but it was tears at first and disbelief then right, what's the plan...

So I either lay down and die or get up and live, carry on as "normal", well I was always just going to carry on as normal!

So I'm sad to hear your news hon but admire your spirit, remember you are also allowed to have down times too. I do feel sorry for myself and cry at times but really try and avoid thinking about the worst bits.

Down side to my treatment is I'm so tired I can fall into bed by 2130 when I used to be a real night owl Smirk

So good luck and take care, let us know how you're feeling, how the treatment is making you feel and anything else too I guess.

• Hi love xxx well what an inspiration you are too I also admire you positivity xxx you have to remember we aren’t living with cancer, cancer is living with us and we are in control.  If you want to go out, it goes with you, if you want to do a bungee jump, it goes with you or if you just want to chill in a big chair with a hot chocolate, it goes with you see we are in control. 

I had a malignant melanoma 30 years ago , skin cancer believe it or not from a small mole on my ankle, at that time I thought my whole world had fallen apart.  I had the mole removed which left an hole the size of an egg on my ankle as it was deep, lots of skin grafts and non weight bearing but I’m still telling the table.  I always have my glass half full (mostly with wine) never half empty and if I feel as though my day doesn’t seem to be starting well I think of all the wonderful things I’ve done in my life, my gorgeous loving grandchildren, my adorable cockapoo oh and of course the hubby.  

My lovely on-line friend stay positive remember we can beat this, never ever lose hope xxxHeart

• Bless you for your lovely words hon.  Yes my cup is half full too X

I like your words, "cancer is living with me and I'm in charge"

I cannot believe I'm incurable yet, it's just not my time.  I'm 58 and have a 21 year old beautiful daughter who's having a tough year out from university. My mum died at 59 and her mum at 63 and I'm not following that pattern.

I've lived in Oz for five years, had a child against the odds, loved my nursing work with the dying and the demented but have struggled massively with fallout from my mum's treatment of me, she died 1998. However cancer puts things into a different perspective and so each day has to have things I love in it.  

For instance I work in a charity shop and I've turned Saturday mornings into a '70's disco, just music, singing and dancing.  I try and wear 70's clothes, love to dance and sing. Joy XXXHeart

• Celebrate life everyday xxx it’s all about you and nobody else thats what my consultant told me apart from calling me an odd ball I think he was talking about the wierd cancers xxx did I tell you I’ve got a permanent stoma xxx she’s made such a difference to my life style for the better xxx I call her Rosie JoyJoy on a positive I can for want of better word ‘shit on the go ‘ my hubbys quite impressed really as he’s saving money on toilet rolls xxx we always look for positives never for negatives and always look on the bright side xxx it looks like you’ve had a tough time over the years but don’t look into things too much just concentrate on getting yourself back to being healthy again xxx I’m not very religious but after all we are in God’s hands and only he can determine our destiny.  Be strong, Be safe and most of all BE POSITIVE Heart

• Hi lovely, Rosie eh!

Brilliant you've named it.  It certainly can make life a lot easier if you've suffered before getting it. My gorgeous nephew had to have one about three years ago.  A huge part of his bowel died and he almost did too. One fantastic surgeon later and this incredible young man volunteers to talk to youngsters who are having a stoma made.  He a bloody inspiration. Humbles me.

So I'm not a god believer either, in fact joined Humanist UK a year ago.  I've always been a keen gardener and have an alottment so it just seemed to follow on from there.  In fact as I hung up my nHeartrsing cap thus year I'm going to try and complete an MA in humanist pastoral care and train as a celebrant at the same time. Big plans...meanwhile got to plan my outfit for tomorrow morning disco Heart