Living with uncertainty

• 1 reply
  • 5 subscribers

I am finding it very hard to live with not being sure of what is in front of me.

Can anyone tell how they cope with this. I just find it very hard to live life

normally I just think what is the point. This has turned my whole life upside

down. Cathy.

• Hi  unfortunately there is no obvious answer to that.  Once diagnosed with cancer I think we all are left with a fear of has it actually gone and if it has will it come back.  There are also many people who live with incurable cancer and if this is you you might find it more supportive to post on the living with incurable cancer forum CLICK HERE

You haven't posted much about yourself but if you were recently diagnosed then how you are feeling is very normal and it tends to get better for a lot of people as time goes by and they remain cancer free.

Keeping busy and helping others is what helps me.  Also I figure 1 in 2 of us is going to get cancer and those who haven't yet been diagnosed don't worry about their 50% chance of getting cancer so I try not to either and figure having had cancer once already my chances of it coming back are surely less than the 50% chance others who haven't had cancer have.  So again if they are not spending their time worrying about it why should I. 

Not sure if this resonates with you but it's what helps me.  I hope it helps you too.