Secondary lymphnode cancer

• 4 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Hello. I'm not sure if I have filled this out correctly Thinking 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm presuming from your subject heading that you've recently had a cancer diagnosis with spread to your lymph nodes. If you want to tell the group something about your diagnosis and treatment so far, or ask any questions, hopefully someone will be able to share their experiences with you.

As you've found the community is divided up into different cancer specific support groups so you might also like to join the one that is for your primary cancer. If you'd like to tell me what that is I can give you a direct link or you can have a look through this list

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far in your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi 294, welcome to the online community. I had a diagnosis of cancer in my lymph nodes 6 years ago, a secondary cancer and they didn’t know where the primary was, so this was the first group I joined when I came onto Macmillan. I was wondering if your story has any similarities to mine ? 

Take care KT

• Hiya KT.  I'm sorry its taken so long to reply. 6 years ago,wow.what treatment do you have for it? My .Primary was my breast. I had the lump removed and radiotherapy. Do they still not know where it started with you? Yes I joined this as Mcmillan had recommended it. Take care 

• Hi 294, the biopsy to my lymph nodes told them it was melanoma that had spread to my pelvic and abdominal lymph nodes. A dermatologist then fitted me in the next day confidently saying she’d have a look and would be able to tell where it had been. She couldn’t, and suggested an eye examination and an endoscopy, you can have mucosal melanoma or uveal melanoma. The eye examination found nothing and oncology said as I was going to have systemic treatment finding the primary would be just an academic search and not medically needed. I had a targeted therapy drug  Dabrafenib and then on progression to my ovary I’ve had immunotherapy Pembrolizumab, there’s more info in my profile (you get there my clicking on my user name). I’ve got another progression in my lymph nodes at the moment which they are hoping will resolve again by the next scan. 

Take care KT